I always enjoy it when the couple actually joins for a part of the pre-drinks. It is such a social and casual event and it gives people the opportunity to really mingle and loosen up. Group photos also work great during this time.
Obviously, at some stage, you have to slip away for the couple shoot.
This means entertaining the guests.
Here are some ideas for pre-drinks entertainment:
– DJ – ask the DJ to start playing earlier the day. Cafe Del Mar works well.
– Wedding games – have a look at www.weddinggames.co.za
– Photo booth – Hire a professional booth or even create your own. With or without props.
– If you are getting married on a wine farm why not get the winemaker in for some culture?
– Caricature sketch artist – Nice souvenir for the guests to take home
– Drumming – we had it at our wedding and it was AWESOME!
– Live music – a music trio or live band
– Canvas painting/name signing – instead of the regular old guestbook, you have a big
– Cocktails – get someone to make cocktails and teach people how to make their own
– Polaroid/guestbook – get the guests to take photos, stick them in your book and write messages next to them
If you think creatively your guests can enjoy the pre-drinks a lot more and not always call it “the long wait”.
If you have some great ideas please feel free to comment and I will add to this article.
To see more “Wedding tips ” please click here