Full WEdding: VRede en Lust
I had the unbelievable privilege to not only have shot Chris and Danielle’s amazing wedding at Vrede and Lust but also to have been a groomsman and wear a Kilt! Danielle is my wife, Iza’s cousin (and best friend) and Chris, we’ll he’s like a brother.
These two special people have been part of our lives for what feels like forever. It was my absolute honor to do their photos. They had guests flying in from all over the world to enjoy South Africa’s beauty and since we spent a lot of time with everybody the week before the wedding, the actual day felt like one big celebration with old friends. I broke a few records that day including the amount of photos taken as well as distance walked in 1 day (15Km).
Thanks again for choosing me. We love you guys
Some Trivia about you?
We have been together for 12 years and got engaged on our 10 year anniversary. They say good things come to those who wait…
Danielle is a Scaffa (South African & Scottish mix), whereas Chris is Scirish (Irish and Scottish mix).
How did you meet?
We met at University in Scotland when we were studying law together. In fact, Danielle’s dad was our lecturer. One day Danielle walked into her dad’s office and there was Chris (filling in a form as he had missed a lecture!). Danielle’s dad introduced us and we have been together ever since. we have since moved to London, but our hearts belong in South Africa.
– Venue – Vrede en Lust Wine Estate – Elzahn Le Roux
– Dressmaker – Oleg Cassini from David’s Bridal in London
– Groom Clothing – Bespoke Kilt and waistcoat from 21st Century Kilts in Edinburgh – howie@
– Hair and make-up – Very talented Iza Cloete 🙂
– Flowers – Anli Wahl Floral Design 🙂
– Second Shooter – Lloyd Lottering
– Videographer – White Lines – Wynand Coetzee
– DJ and Band – Me and Mr Brown – Daniel Green –
– Stationary design/Company – Susan Brand
– Cake – Ronel Lewis
– Lighting and dance floor – Something Different – Mellonia Kaunda
– Décor – Anli Wahl Floral Design (Riekert: My super talented sister in law!)
– Jewellery – Swarovski
– Bridesmaids dresses – Annalene Louwrens – 082 044 8027
– Chris’s sporran – Jennifer Cantwell
– Groomsmen Clothing – Will Carter
– African drumming experience – Naturali Catchi Rhythms
– Piper -Gareth Rudolph
Two wedding tips that you can give other wedding couples.
Make sure you choose the right service providers. They really do make your day if you choose the right ones. We were extremely lucky with the ones we chose – we, of course, had the best photographer in the world! Referrals are the best way to ensure you have the best team around you. Set some time aside to meet you service providers beforehand. We had the best time with our service providers at our pre-meets and it felt like they were “old” friends by the time we saw them on our big day. It made our day even better.
Make a 15-minute window on the day of the wedding that you just disappear together, have a drink, a snack and take it all in.
A few days later we spent another 2 Hours to get some more wedding photos as we kept the couple shoot quite short on the actual day.
See their photos here